A timber was planned to be use as a floor beam to support the loads shown. The section was initially designed to have the dimensions shown. For timber its flexural stress is limited to 27.6 mPa. Is the initial design enough to support the load? If not what should be its depth “d”, if the architect wished to maintain the breadth “b” of 100mm?
1) Detailed and correct solution/computations of reactions
2) Detailed and correct solution/computations of Shear Values
3) Detailed and correct solution/computations of Moment Values
4) Detailed and correct Shear and Moment diagrams
5) Test for flexural capacity of the beam
6) Re-designing as to required depth “d” if failed